Monday, September 3, 2007

Funny Story

So the other day I awoke to the beeping sound of a smoke detector. It was like 7:00 and my first class was not until 1:00 so I was like I am just going back to sleep. So I went to sleep for about 15 more minutes and then I woke up again. This same thing happened for about the next hours, and I was so frustrated!!! Finally I decided to go and investigate, keep in mind that I am exhausted and still have a bit of that morning delusional feeling. So as I went outside my room, the noise got a bit louder, so I walked further and found that the noise was coming from upstairs. When I got to the top of the stairs, I discovered that it was coming from my roommate Scott's room. I was like are you kidding me!, and stood outside of his door and listened to see if he was in there because if he was, there was no way that I would just walk in.

For those of you who do not know anything about Scott, he is an offensive linemen for the football team, and I have talked to him like twice the whole time I have lived here, and that has been just about 2 1/2 weeks!

So anyways, I listened to his door for like 5 mins and he must have left his tv on or something because there were noises coming from his room. So I was like, oh, well, I'm not going in there, and went back downstairs to go back to sleep. about 3 seconds after I layed down, I got the brilliant idea to see if his cars was here! So I looked out the window and his car was gone, so I went back up to his room and still listened for a while, then I got up the courage to go in, I knocked of course, (i blame still being so cautious, on still having the morning delusional...ness, because he clearly was not here) then I walked in. When I walked in, the noise was definitely coming from his room, I sounded like the same noise that comes from a smoke alarm, so I automatically thought that it was the smoke alarm. So I got a chair and took the battery out of the smoke alarm. After I did that, the noise was still going and I could not figure out how that could be, the smoke alarm was in one hand, and the battery was in the other. I was so confused! ( I once again blame the morning delusionalness because usually I am a very clever person haha.) So once I came to the realization that the noise would not possibly be coming from the smoke alarm, I was like, this is ridiculous! I am not going to go through all of his stuff so I can find this blasted noise! Then I saw it in an open drawer, it was a carbon monoxide alarm that was making all the noise! So I took the batteries out and the noise finally stopped!

I almost just left the room when I realized that the alarm had to have gone off for some reason and now that I unplugged the alarm, Scott would now have no warning if his room had carbon Monoxide in it. So I did not fancy the idea that Scott could possibly die in the night and it would be my fault because I unplugged the alarm... yeah, I did not want to be responsible for killing someone just because I wanted some more sleep haha. About 10 mins later Scott walked in so I explained everything and he just laughed... and all was well, except that I never was able to go back to sleep!

6 comments:

Max and Beverly said...

Jordan you are so funny, I'm getting to know you better and better! I sound like you have a full schedule, and alot of fun too. The comments are very funny also. Gdad and I are doing well, horses are funny, Patches getting caught in the fence, 6 turkeys roosting everywhere, playing golf, pooping on the porches...all that good stuff here on the farm, also the coyote has returned and got two of the chickens, oh well same ol' same ol'. Love the blog, gospels true and we love you!!

Akguy2010 said...

Hey Grandma! Thanks for posting! I am glad that everything is going well for you and Grandpa! Hope you had a great labor day!

G-Dawg said...

Ah, the joys of apartment living. I guess the drawbacks are offset by the fact that there's always something exciting happening! Have a good day.

Dad

jessi said...

I want to know why the carbon monoxide alarm was going off. Was it a malfunction? Was there carbon monoxide in his room? Are you know bosum buddies for saving him from Carbon Monoxide posioning? These are all very important questions. . .

jessi said...

I would like to say that there is a typo in my post, please substitute "know" with "now" in the third line. Thank you.

Akguy2010 said...

Haha Thanks jessi, I am pretty much amazing! No, we are not buddies, but he did thank me.... I think that the battery was just dying or something hopefully we are not all in danger of carbon monoxide here! Yeah, I finally know how to answer peoples questions when they ask!! Thanks for posting