Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Airsoft, glasses and Maks Birthday

Well I have not posted in a little bit. Life here is crazy, but good. I am still loving it! I am still serving as first councilor in my Elders Quorum presidency, and so that is keeping me very busy. I have finally got to the point with my calling that I feel comfortable with it and am starting to enjoy it. School is so hard and literally requires all of my time, but I am getting through it.

Alex one of my new roommates brought some airsoft guns and in short, we all ended up buying some to defend ourselves. Our apt and bodies have suffered a little haha!

Here is a picture of our blinds
Another new thing that I got was glasses. I got them last Friday, on Saturday Kiley Price was baptized and I was so surprised how many people had to take double takes to recognize me! Kiley's baptism was such a great experience! She is so cute! It was funny, Robyn told me that when Kiley went in for her Bishops interview the bishop asked her why she wanted to get baptized and she said " Because I want to swim in that pool!" I also got the opportunity to stand in the circle to help confirm her and that was really special to me.

Here is a picture of me with my glasses


Makena's birthday was on Sunday but we celebrated it Saturday night. We went to Kiley's baptism in the morning and then one of Makena's co-workers got sick so she had to go into work till 5. It was at this time that I went to go pick up her birthday present. I had been looking at necklaces on the Nordstrom website and found one that I wanted to get her, however just as I was leaving to go to Nordstrom my dad was like you should call before you go just to make sure it's there. So I called and of course it wasn't there so I called all of the Nordstrom's in Utah and none of them had it so I was like "oh no!" So the following 3 hours were spent at the University Mall looking at jewelry. But I finally found a different one that I really liked at Nordstrom. Then at 5:30 we went to dinner with her family at Macaroni Grill. She then wanted to watch a movie so we went and rented Red Eye, and I learned that a Red Eye is not a physical red eye haha! That was pretty much my weekend!

Hope everything is well!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jessi said...

Jordan, LOVE the glasses. Have you needed them for long? Well, I love them, I think you did a very good job picking a stylish pair. I was smiling to myself at the thought of you buying MaKenna a necklace. That was a very nice thing to do. (I am sounding very auntish right now.) Glad to hear you are well. Can't wait for Mexico. ARIBA!!!!