Friday, March 21, 2008

Surgery

So I have a bit of news, I have to have a little surgery, not really excited for it but whatev.

I have been doing my mission papers and part of it was getting a physical. Well I went in and went through all the motions at my physical and then my doctor saw in my file that when I was a baby my parents took me in because I had a little hole thing above my tailbone. It turned out to be a pilonital cyst... so my doctor started to ask me if I had any pain or anything around my tailbone area. I told him that I was having lots of pain about once a month, so he took a look and told me that it would be good to have that operated on. This was such a relief because I had always thought that it was my tailbone that had issues and was causing the pain, but to find out there was a legit reason for my pain was nice.

So this morning I met with my surgeon and we decided that I was going to get it done on May 7. It is going to be a great way to start off my summer haha! This is not supposed to be a huge ordeal, but because of the location the there is a pretty long recovery time. I will not be able to do anything for up to 7 days, and then I will have to take it easy for 3 weeks.

It is spring break right now so I am back in Pleasant Grove, and boy has it been nice to just relax and not have to worry about school or church responsibilities! I have been working at taco for a little extra cash so that has been good.

For those of you who know my tall blond friend Nate, he received his mission call this last week and is going to Sweden. So thats pretty cool!

Hope everything is well!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh Jordan! Why did you not tell me this!? I will have to come bring you cookies during your recovery. I talked to Nate...well he called me to tell me he got his call!