Friday, October 12, 2007

Update

I have a ridiculous story to share. So today in math my teacher (the french lady) handed back most of the assignments that we handed in. Our first assignment was to write a 2-3 page paper answering some questions about our previous math classes. One of these topics was on calculator use. In my class right now, my teacher has a strict no calculator use policy. In my paper I politely, yet strongly disagreed with this policy. I told her that I understood that it was good to learn to do it by hand, but that it also would be good to learn how to do the problems with a calculator because that is what we would use in the "real world". She apparently took offense to this and wrote a good 3/4 page on the back of my paper explaining the reasoning for her policy. I was like, ok whatever until I saw my grade. Everyone else in the class got a 10 on it and I got a 9 and a freakin half! I was like are you serious?! You really are going to dock me because I disagree with your calculator policy! I of course did not say any of that to her face because we don't really see eye to eye. She is the first teacher that I have had an actual problem with. But oh well!

Today I also was invited to have dinner with the Britches. This was a welcome change because I have the most boring roommates ever! So I went over there and we had an amazing dutch oven meal. I then went home to finish an art paper, but immediately remembered that the office was on at 8 so I had to watch it! After that the Britch girls and maddie came over to see my apt. and play some games. The most memorable was "Getting measured for your coffin" in this game you are blind folded and told to lay on the ground and get measure. They measure everything and then when they measure your second leg, they pore water down your pants!!! it was way funny!

4 comments:

Kelley Giles said...

Hey Honey,
I'm glad you got to see the Britsches and the kids. It sounds like you are having fun. Good for you for giving your teacher your opinion, but to bad about your grade. Have a great day. Love ya, mom

G-Dawg said...

"Measured for a coffin," eh? That's a good warning for those of us who have not played that game before.

Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I guess we'll never get the unparalleled pleasure of measuring the rest of your family for a coffin, thanks Jordan:) You and Maddie were hilarious, we can now only imagine how entertaining the rest of your family would have been. Oh well. Plenty more games to be played.

Anonymous said...

picture this!
Jordan with a beeni on his head and a sock stuffed up covering his eyes. we had to blind fold him (a favorite of his) then we had to touch him as we measured him (another favorite of his) after Jordan got down to the floor he went straight to the fetal position, apparently very afraid, giggling nervously.
We pretty much had to tackle him so he would stay "dead".
As I poured water down his pants he jumped like a foot in the air apparently frightened. After that, we still had his roommates to do, so he couldn't go and change into other pants. He kept complaining how his pants were so wet so my mum told him to look at Maddie, her whole left leg was soaking (let's say somebody poured a little too much water down her pants.I don't recall exactly who that person was...)