Sunday, October 14, 2007

First Time

Today I went to church with Aleicia Britsch. We went to sacrament meeting and sunday school, and then I took her home during elders quorum because i had meetings right after church. i figured that we had an hour, so we went to my apt and played a couple of rounds of guitar hero. I am amazing and found a great deal on a used guitar hero 2, and then we saw that guitars were on sale at walmart so we bought them. we decided a long time ago that as roommates we were going to get it and all go in on it together. it ended up only costing every one a little over 20 bucks each!!

anyways back to my story, so we played a couple of rounds of guitar hero then i took her to where her family was staying. i drove there and talked there for a min and then realized that i was going to late for my meetings! so i sped over to the church, well carefully sped.... when i got to the church i went and found my group and they were setting apart people. i walked in right after a prayer and then it was time for another one. i went to the circle and shaun yellowhorse, my pres, asked me if i would do the next setting apart, i was like "what?! i don't know what to say!" he game the the brief rundown and told me to do it. I was so nervous! it was kind of cool though because i was setting apart nate as the secretary in the elders quorum. I was so nervous throughout the whole thing but it all went smoothly! i was so glad! I am also so happy that nate is in my presidency, he got called last night.

that is pretty much the rundown though. first time inviting someone to church and my first time setting someone apart and giving a blessing to them.
.

3 comments:

G-Dawg said...

That is so great! You are really having some memorable experiences!

Thanks for sharing them with us.

How cool is that, that you got to set apart Nate?

Anonymous said...

Wow! sounds like you had an amazing weekend! :) ...

Anonymous said...

COOL! how come you didn't tell us that?
*maddie*