Sunday, August 26, 2007

Update

I have been filling out job apps and really wish that i already had a job so I do not have to go through this process yet again. I had to purchase all my books which came to a ridiculous $300.00!! yeah I am so poor now! And then on top of that having to pay tuition which was not as expensive as it would have been because of my academic scholarship, and my architecture scholarship, but still. Yeah so now, finding a job is more important than it would initially have been.

On Saturday our ward had a BBQ and so that was kind of fun to go and meet the Bishop and the other people in my ward.

Today was my first Sunday with my ward, and thankfully I it was not nearly as painful as my singles ward at home. My ward is the 11th ward of the University 2nd stake. There are a ton of freshmen in my ward so it is pretty cool.

For dinner tonight we put together a huge Sunday dinner with a couple of other apartments it was way fun and it all worked out! There were about 14 of us all total and we all brought different stuff, I brought scalloped potatoes, yeah they turned out amazing!! so yeah, now we are all heading to ward prayer at the bishops mansion, they were saying that last semester they fit like 130 people for ward prayer in his house. I am quite looking forward to seeing this huge house!

So things are good. School starts tomorrow, I am kind of nervous, but mostly just excited to have it start. Tomorrow I have math and art, so it will be a pretty good day!

6 comments:

Hannah's Assistant said...

Jordan,
Good luck tomorrow...it will be great! Can't wait to hear your adventures! Miss you and love ya, Rob

Kelley Giles said...

hey j-dawg!how's life? it sounds pretty good from your posts. like i said before mr.mott talks about u a lot still. even in conversations of just me and him he'll bring you up. it's funny. wish you the best of luck tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well don't forget to e-mail ur favorite sis at ligirl16@hotmail.com k?
*maddie*

Kelley Giles said...

It's so great to read about your adventures. I'm so glad you are having such a great time. Good luck tomorrow! We'll be thinking of you on your first day of school.

Dad

marianne said...

I'm still just so excited for you. Everything you talk about brings back such fun memories of my first days of college, student wards, meal planning, the all important hanging out, etc. Thanks for letting us know about your blog. Lots of love from all of us. Can't wait to hear more of your adventure.

marianne

jessi said...

Sounds like you are having a great time!!! I use to enjoy ward stare (ward prayer, get it *snort* *snort*)Anyho, it was always fun to pray with one eye open so you can stare at all the cute honies. :) Hope your first day of school was fun. I am enjoying the blog. Love ya.
Jessi

Lancelot Giles said...

Hey dude, this is your uncle Lance. Congrats on getting down there...my wife Brianne and I just got up here in Logan. This is a cool blog. Check out Jabe and Buck @ http://gilesfive.blogspot.com/