Sunday, September 23, 2012

the BIG update

Hey Friends,


Well, I had a new years resolution to keep a journal better... (aka update my blog more)... and this is my forth posting of the year ha. A lot has happened in my little world since January 2012. So, lets start.

If you read my last post I talked about preparing for my great alaskan adventure part 2. Well, now that it is September I can say that I successfully completed my adventure. Driving a Motor coach (a giant 55-62 person bus) for Holland America and Princess this last summer was a wonderful experience. Aside from working 60-70 hours a week, I was able to meet wonderful people from the company as well as many remarkable tourists from all over the world. I also was able to see and catch up with so many of my good friends from Alaska. I also decided to drive up to Alaska which was an adventure in and of itself. Alaska is SOOO far away and Canada is SOOO big!! and full of mostly tree's.... My contract started on May 2nd and went all the way until August 18th. I enjoyed it so much that there is a very good possibility I will be heading up again this coming summer. I have so much gratitude especially for the Heath family who let me live with them the whole time! We had so many great times!


Also I am sorry to report that my sister missionary and I decided to go different ways over the summer as well. Although it hasn't been easy, I am enthusiastically (... kind of) diving back into the dating world. That is for you Mom ha!

I am currently in my Senior year at UVU with expected graduation pending in April of 2013... then real life starts. This last week I hear back from the State Department, with whom I was in the middle of applying with, and they invited me to try back again in 11 months. I previously had surprisingly passed the first two cuts in the application process so I was not surprised when I didn't quite make this third cut. My hopes have not been shattered though ha, the average new hire for the State Department is 32 so I would have been beside myself had I made it. I have some time.

Other than that I occupy my time being involved with UVU's clubs and my Church. I am the website guy for utahimf.org and am involved with the Utah International Mountain Forum as well as the Foreign Affairs Club. Before this job, the extent of my website design capabilities involved changing the layout and colors of this blog ha. However thanks to my Uncle and Friend Rick he has helped me learn a thing or two about website design. It has been great learning from a master! Both clubs have been very rewarding to be involved with and I have been able to attend and meet many international dignitaries. Being an active participant of my LDS (Mormon) faith, I have been given a calling as a ward clerk. I really enjoy seeing how the Church operates behind the scenes and my responsibilities include counting tithing weekly, attending administrative meetings, counting people in church attendance, updating the ward directory and other ward records, monthly reports, counting more things and keeping a history of our little ward. It is something that I enjoy immensely!

Basically all of the time that I am not schooling, websiting, or churching is spent ... reading political articles and blogs. I am such a political junky and I am loving every second of this presidential election year... most of the time. Because I have not yet found "that" source that I can 100% trust 100% of the time, I have found that I have to read articles from all over the spectrum, the crazy right, the crazy left, moderates, random people who think they know something about someone, polls, and everything in between. I love it! Although I am ready for November 6th to come around so we can focus on solving issues. But hey I still love it!

Thanks so much for reading about me! Follow me on twitter and instagram @akguy2010!

Have such a wonderful day!

-J

1 comment:

Kelley Giles said...

You're awesome Jordan! I love that you are a planner just like me:) Can't wait to see where this next chapter in your life will lead you!