Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Your Future is Perfect



I had a professor today in one of my political science classes make an interesting statement. He said, "Your future is perfect, meaning that you have not made any mistakes tomorrow." His comment caught me off guard because usually most of my political science classes are all fire and brimstone regarding past governmental decisions and not necessarily positive about current or future prospective ones. He then went on to tie his comment back to our discussion by explaining that as we learn from past mistakes we can avoid future ones (or something like that). His little tangent has made me think. The future has the potential to be perfect. In the future we can always make the right choice whereas in the past we haven't necessarily done so. I had never really thought that in the future I could always make the right choice. I feel that we as people tend to look at the past with regret and look towards the future with apprehension. Why are we not more optimistic? We have more opportunities for things such as education, employment, hobbies than ever before. We can have the perfect future starting tomorrow. What a hopeful thought in a time of hopeless thoughts regarding the future of most things.

My future is perfect. Your future is perfect.

No comments: